Thursday, November 25, 2010

The New Kid, part 3

Oops, with all my Thanksgiving preparations I totally forgot to update the blog. My humble apology. Well, here it is, the next installment. Enjoy!!!! Have a happy, wonderful, joyful, thankful, Thanksgiving!



 “Listen, you’re gonna tell me what I need to know. Or else!”

“Or else, what?”

“Or else. I’ll stick your head in the toilet. I’ll wash your mouth out with soap and I’ll stuff you in your locker.”

“Ha-ha! All those things have already been done to me. You’re too late. You need to be more original. I thought they were sending their best after me.”

“Listen kid, I need that information something bad.” I took a step forward and clinched my fist at my side.

“You’re a kid too now!”

“Regardless, I’ll break an arm or a leg. Don’t allow my stature to make you complacent. I can still do my job. Now give me what I want, and I’ll go away.”

“Am I really supposed to believe that? You know its kind’a hard to take you seriously with that yellow bow in your hair and that yellow and white sunflower dress. Didn’t someone tell your mommy that you were in the sixth grade and not elementary. That outfit is really babyish.”

“Do you really think I care what you think about my outfit? Are you an idiot or something? I said, I’d let you go. Just give the thing to me already!”

 “You’ll simply let me live out my life here? You’ll just go away.”

“That’s right. You can trust me. I’ll let you go.” I held my breath with anticipation.

“Right. I should trust you. It seems you’ve forgotten the time in Paris that you shot me. Or, the time we got married in Costa Rica and you poisoned me. Or the time we were sailing the Caribbean and you threw me overboard to the sharks, right after you stabbed me in the leg. Or the time - ”

“Okay! Okay! I get it. You have…trust issues. Hey, it’s my job, don’t take it personal.”

“Right. Issues, major issues,” he said. He backed away from me and my intrusive stance.

He stared at me. I stared back. He wasn’t budging and neither was I.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts. We promise not to stone you for it.