Sunday, June 28, 2015

Author Interview: Mireille Chester

Today, I’ll share an interview with Booktroupe Author, Mireille Chester. With 11 titles under her name – most in the YA and Adult Fantasy genre - this interview should be interesting. Mireille also writes middle grade fantasy as Author M.G. Chester.



DB: You’ve written a number of books. Do you have a favorite character you’ve created?

MC: I have to say that it depends on which book I’m writing at the time. I fall in love with all of the characters. If I had to pick one though, I think I’d have to say Ternach. He’s the immortal in The Chosen One Trilogy.  He’s such a bad guy. I’m pretty sure there’s a picture of him under self-serving in the dictionary.  Lol

DB: Your favorite book and why? (Not written by you)

MC: The Hobbit. My dad read it to me as a bedtime story when I was just little. It’s one of the reasons I love fantasy and why I manage to sneak a dragon in all of my stories. 
 
DB:  Best writing advice for newbie authors?

MC: Write what you love. Once you’re done writing it, be sure to find an editor. One of the biggest mistakes I made when I first published was rush the process. Take your time. Having people love your work without saying “too bad there were so many editing mistakes” really makes a difference. Trust me. Lol

DB: I see you have children. I’m sure you have an abundance of embarrassing moments. Shout out the most embarrassing one you’re willing to share. 

MC: Oh, man. Lol There are so many, but I can’t seem to think of one. 

DB: Everyone likes to compare. What book, TV show, or movie would you say has the most similarity to your books?   

MC: This is a hard one. I did have one reader tell me the Chosen One Trilogy was a mix of Harry Potter, The Lord of the Rings, Avatar, and Animorphs. :D

DB: Best mode of transportation: Unicorn or Dragon?        MC: Dragon

DB: Favorite movie of all time?           MC:  Boondock Saints

DB: Favorite song or artist/band?        MC: Ed Sheeran

DB: Night or Day?                 MC:  Day

DB: Gremlins or Goonies:                    MC: Goonies

DB: I know this is going to be hard…. share only three sentences from any of your books.

MC:  My arm hurts. Seriously.  It hurts a lot. (Angered Seasons)

DB: Share the opening line to three of your books.

MC: It’s hard to believe that at one point life had seemed dull, boring, average and uneventful.  ~ Crossover (The Chosen One Trilogy: book one)

     “Nothing is as it seems.”  ~ Journey (The Chosen One Trilogy: book two)

     If someone had told me I would someday find myself in a fight to save a world I didn’t know existed, I would have laughed.  ~ Destiny (The Chosen One Trilogy: book three)


Thanks so much for sharing, Mireille. It’s been great.


To contact and purchase Mireille’s books:

Goodreads

Blog

Twitter  

Amazon  

Facebook  



Have a great day. Read a book and laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts. We promise not to stone you for it.