Monday, March 31, 2014

RANDOMNESS...SORT OF

Well, it's a couple days away now...my release. And I am so excited I can barely contain myself.

But I'm not here today to talk about that. Today I just want to share what else has been going on. I'll bombard you with information on Finding Me on Wednesday. I promise. *no seriously, I will* So I'm not going to mention Finding Me again in this post. I'll just list random tidbits:

1. I met Colleen Hoover, author of Slammed, Hopeless, Losing Hope, Maybe Someday... She came to a local bookstore in Texas. It was awesome. She was amazing and just as cool as she seems online. She talked about her books the entire time *of course what else was she supposed to talk about? My book, Finding Me. Not!* Yeah, I took a picture with her and I...I just can't bring myself to post it. I'm not photogenic and it takes me forever to take a pic I'd be proud for others to see. Needless to say, this was not one. I'll spare your eyes the agony. Me and photos are like peanut butter and broccoli... Exactly!

2. I finally saw Divergent. It was awesome! I never fool myself anymore into going to the theatre to see a book that I loved made into a movie and expecting all my favorite parts to by present in the watered down version. That is what a film of a book is...a less than version. Not necessarily a bad thing but I guess that depends on who you ask. Ask me: I loved it. It stayed true to the story enough to appease me. But I must admit there were a few times, I had to scratch my head and say, "is that what happened in the book?" The acting was solid though and Tobias (Four) was swoon worthy. Nough for me! Well, the story was good, too! It kinda reminds me of another really great story...Find...*I won't say it*

 3. Here is a recap of my reading: I read the last book in the Matched series - Reached. I liked this one better than the previous book but not as much as the first. The conclusion was less than perfect but the author did try to tie up loose ends and bring some resolution for the main characters. I also read Campus Crush by Askelyn Drake *I'm blushing (if that's possible) right now.* It was a great read. I would have loved to attend this college but not too certain I want my senior daughter to go there. But if you want a steamy, flutter of the belly book, you need to read this one. Finally, I started the Hyde series by Lauren Stewart. I love the idea of Jekyl and Hyde in an urban environment. I was in the process of reading the second book in the series, Jeckyl but stopped to read an authors book - two actually. I so love to read almost as much as I loved writing Finding Me *sorry, that was a slip*.

What have you been up to? Any interesting books? I'm always open to recommendations. My TBR list will never be too full. Umm, if you get a minute, can you please add that book I said I wouldn't mention that will release officially on April 2 to your TBR on Goodreads. Pretty please.


Have a great day. Read a book and laugh!

5 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so happy you liked Campus Crush. I can see why you might not want your daughter to go to college there. ;) Things get a little steamy on that campus.

    Your release day is almost here!!!!! So excited for you. If you'd like a Feature Friday spot on my blog, let me know. I'd love to have you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your upcoming release day! I've got a book releasing later in April, so this is an exciting month for me. (But first I have to survive standardized testing and parent conference week.)

    Let's see -- the last book I read that I can whole-heartedly recommend is Cress. It made me really look forward to Winter. I also enjoyed The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom. Giggled out loud over that one!

    And phew, glad to find someone else not doing AtoZ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Kelly and Diane. I really did enjoy Campus Crush and I've got to read Stalked by Death! I don't think I would have made it through to"F" in the A to Z challenge, Diane. Yay for your release. I can feature you on my blog if you'd like...let me know. Thanks for that offer Kelly, I'll be contacting you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting. And let me know if you want to swap features of books.

    I haven't seen Divergent. I just finished 'The Bookstore', not my favorite story. I am planning on rereading 'The Discovery of Witches".

    I don't keep a TBR list. I never know what I'm in the mood for until I finish something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, love how you casually slip "Finding Me" into your post. It's April 2nd over here in Singapore already. So CONGRATULATIONS on your book release! I'll wait for your announcement before spreading the news on Google+ and Twitter.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts. We promise not to stone you for it.