Friday, June 10, 2016

Show and Tell: Bookshelves



Today's post is all about bookshelves. Before I ever thought about writing, I was a reader. I read everything, too. I don't even really remember watching much television growing up. I had my nose stuck in a book somewhere. So, as an adult, I own lots of books. I thought I'd be fun to show off my bookshelves. No, they aren't super fancy or anything but I haven't struck it rich with my writing yet. 

The first book shelf is in my bedroom. It can get a little messy at times. The hubby is not the most tidy man. The books here are some that don't belong on the shelves in the front room where the kids can easily grab them. 




The next shelf is in the family room. Yes, these books have gone through the trenches. The kids have tried their best to break them. But alas, they have endured the tests of time.  Ouch. It hurts to write this part. But there are some battered spines, missing spines, and ripped pages.





The final bookshelves are in the front living room. These shelves are a little more dressed up. They are not the focal point of the room but I needed more space for them. So, the prettier books are here. 





Honestly, this isn't all the books I have. There are more in the garage. One day I'll have them all together again. 

How do your shelves look? Share a pic!






Have a great day. Read a book and smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts. We promise not to stone you for it.