Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Guess What's Coming to the Movies?



I love reading. Anyone who's read this blog knows that, of course. But I also love movies. A lot. I don't get to watch them as often as I'd like but they are a huge part of my unwinding and entertainment.

I went surfing the net for movies coming out recently. Initially, I was looking at Marvel movies - you know my fascination with super heroes and all. But I discovered a slew of movies adapted from books that look so good I couldn't not share them with everyone. After I stopped fangirling, I decided to share my three favorites only.


Dark Places by Gillian Flynn

I have this book on my Kindle. I started reading it a while ago but put it aside to beta read another author's book. I hadn't picked it up because it is not a continuation of Gone Girl. But now after watching the trailer, I think I will read this soon - before the movie comes out.



Z for Zechariah by Robert C. O'Brien

I've never heard of this author or this title that I can remember but the premise sounds so good. And I really like Margot Robbie. And it's sci-fi - need I say more.

 
 
Every Secret Thing by Laura Lippman
 
I haven't read this novel but I think I'll try to snatch it up before I see the movie. Why? Because Laura Lippman is a master at mystery and complex characters. I adore her work.








Honorable Mentions:

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

Room by Emma Donoghue


Do you have a favorite movie adapted from a book?




Have a great day. Read a book and smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts. We promise not to stone you for it.