Monday, June 17, 2013

MOVIE REVIEW: MAN OF STEEL

I dragged the hubby out on Saturday to the movies to see the highly anticipated, Man of Steel. I have been so stoked for this movie it’s almost comical. I love action movies and superhero movies even more. Initially, critics were saying the movie would be a flop. The wrote it off, said it would be horrible and wasn’t worth the time to see it. Of course, I never listen to the critics and couldn’t wait to see the movie myself.
I must admit a part of me, initially, at the very beginning, doubted I’d like it. Why? I enjoyed the Brandon Routh movie and couldn’t understand why they changed the character of Superman to this new guy. Plus, let’s be honest ladies…Routh is a hottie. But I saw this movie called, Immortals and was blown away by the lead in that movie, Henry Cavil. His acting was good and his abs were superb. So were his sculpted arms, chiseled face…okay, I’m married. You get it. He’s hot!
When I realized this guy would be playing Superman, I rethought my stance on the movie. I’m so glad I did. I really enjoyed it. *Plus he had a shirtless scene that made my mouth hang open.*  Unlike the previous movie, which I also enjoyed, this movie had buckets of action. It also did something I had never seen any of the previous movies do, it told the backstory. The time, before The Daily Planet, position.  It showed his struggle to become a man but not just a super being, but as a human. I don’t want to give anything away but I enjoyed it. The hubby not so much. His reason: it was too slow in the beginning. But that was fine with me. I loved the story and there is one scene that nearly drove me to tears. I hope you check it out for yourself.

Have you seen the movie? Did you enjoy? Why or why not?

Have a great day. Read a book and laugh!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen it but I probably will. Though, knowing me, I'll wait until it's on DVD.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts. We promise not to stone you for it.