Sunday, July 10, 2016

Book Review: The Forest of Hands and Teeth


I loved this book.

I've owned this book for years and have over looked it countless times in pursuit of other reads. I'm not entirely certain what caused me to pick it up this time but I'm thrilled that I did. It had languished untouched on my bookshelf for far too long.

This story grabbed my attention from page one and never let up.

It is told from the 1st person perspective of Mary. Okay, if I had to complain about anything, it was the main characters name. It was so plain. But then again, the story is a Dystopian and the village that the main character lives in is overtly religious. So, maybe, it was planned that way by the author. Aside from the name, I can't find one negative criticism of the story.

The pacing, plot, romance...all are treated equally well. It was a quick read... because I had to find out what was happening. There is a bit of a love triangle but it is not the typical triangle. I didn't throw the book across the room in frustration at this one. You'll just have to read to find out what I mean because I'm not divulging any key details.

One thing, in particular, that stood out to me was the main love interest. I love the treatment of this character by the author. It was refreshing and made me rethink how I had written a character in one of my Works in Progress.

The book is YA dystopian/fantasy and I think it will appeal to many readers. I highly recommend it!


Have a great day. Read a book and smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts. We promise not to stone you for it.