Tuesday, March 1, 2016

MY FIRST NEWSLETTER



I just sent out my very first newsletter. 

YAY!!! And guh. 

It was work. I won't lie to you. Not because it was super hard to navigate the Mail chimp system (it was not). Not because it was difficult to come up with the content. So why am I going on about it....???

It was like pulling teeth to find the time to put it together and make sure it looked good. 

But I digress. It's out in the world now. And when I say, out in the world, I mean all 9 (nine; IX, nueve...) recipients have received it. 

Hopefully. 

I've been assured that one day I'll most definitely see the benefit in creating a list/newsletter. Right now though, knowing that I'm only getting maybe 3 or 4 hours of sleep, again, I want to smack myself in the head with the nearest sharp object. 

But hey, you've got to work hard for what you want. Set a goal, dream it, eat it, be it. Then do it. Just do it. Maybe that's the point of this post. Not the fact that I wrote the dang newsletter. The fact that I did it and I only had 9 people sign up. The fact that I stayed up late to get it done. 

Why? 

Because I don't want to zoom into the future and hate myself because I didn't make every effort to accomplish this BIG, Huge, Colossal dream of becoming a successful author. Because I want to use every tool at my disposal to find my readers. So, in another month or two, I'll send out another newsletter. 

I might not be making a post about that one, though. If you want to check out said newsletter, you can do so here



Have a great day. Read a book and laugh!

2 comments:

  1. Dawn, I just signed up for your newsletter! Don't worry about the numbers right now because the people will come. Trust me! I"m about halfway done with Finding Me and I know that readers will just fall in love with Chloe. Just watch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks so much. You just made my day, Quanie!

      Delete

Please share your thoughts. We promise not to stone you for it.