Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Randomness...Movie Version

I'm deep in edits right now so I couldn't think of what to write. So I thought I'd be random...talk about the first thing that crosses my mind. And for some reason, movies was at the forefront of my thoughts. Aside from books, movies are my next big thing.

Have you seen any good movies lately? I have.

Here's a rundown of the last movies I saw and what I'm anxiously awaiting to see next:

BEFORE I GO TO SLEEP
 
I had only seen one preview for this movie. It looked okay but I wasn't jumping from my seat to see it. But when I was at the movies with my hubby and some other family, this was the movie that was playing next and looked most promising. After watching it, I'd rate it a 4 out of 5 - because there is a killer twist. But it's slow at times...and Nicole Kidman cries through almost all of it. This movie is 50 First Dates (Adam Sandler/Drew Barrymore) meets Premonition (Sandra Bullock)... she can't remember once she wakes from sleeping but does she really want to... 
 
ENDER'S GAME
 
I had been wanting to see this movie for a while. I'm a sci-fi junkie and an action-a-holic...but for some reason this movie wasn't everything I'd hoped it would be. I do love the sci-fi elements, and Harrison Ford is always great, and the kid playing Ender was awesome but there was something missing for me. If I had to rate it, I'd give it 4 stars - for the acting alone.
 
HALLOWEEN
 
Of course, this movie really does not need an introduction. But Halloween can't pass without me watching my fav Halloween movie. Umm and that would most definitely be the old version. I loathe the new version. Michael Myers is one of the creepiest movie villains ever. I love him! If you've never seen this movie, shame on you. If you love horror then this is your movie. There is very little in the way of gore - which I love because blood and guts everywhere does not equal scary to me. Its a maniacal killer on the loose so stay indoors...well, maybe...

 

INTO THE WOODS
 
I did jump out of my seat when I saw this trailer. Merly Streep, Johnny Depp, Emily Blunt, I'm getting excited just thinking about the cast. But the actual movie is genius! Think twisted fairy tales, think scary Meryl Streep, and Johnny Depp in any fashion. This movie has not released yet. It is set to hit theatres on December 25th. And I most definitely cannot wait.
 

ANNIE
 
And finally, Annie. They're remaking this classic and it looks terrific. Jamie Fox, Rose Byrne, Cameron Diaz, and Quvenzhane Wallis...what's not to love with a cast like this. This movie releases Christmas this year and I'm going to absolutely burst at the seams... Okay, I like musicals...


Have you seen any great movies lately? What are you anxiously waiting to see?



Have a great day. Read a book and laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts. We promise not to stone you for it.