Saturday, May 25, 2013

TOTAL RANDOMNESS


I couldn’t think of anything witty and smart to say so I decided to talk about what’s been going on in my life. I’m not a superstar so my life isn’t glammed out but it is mine. I’m not the most interesting person in the world but who is…
 
  1. My daughter is going to Prom tonight. Kids grow up so fast. It seems like just yesterday I was sending her off to high school. I remember her saying not too long ago, "I'm not worried about guys, Mom. I'm concentrating on my grades so I can get into a good college." Where'd that girl go! She’s been dating a senior on the football team all year. They went to Homecoming and I thought, yeah, this won’t last long. I was wrong. I guess now I’m trying to see what will happen for her senior year next year.
  1. I’m babysitting a toddler. My brother-in-law and his wife are going out for the weekend and asked if I could watch my adorable nephew. I fawn over him every time he comes to the house. He is the cutest little man I’ve seen in a long time. But he also cries a lot – mainly for his Daddy. And the biggest concern I have….he’s not potty trained. Guh! All the adorableness in the world can’t make up for a full diaper.
  1. I’ve recently finished editing one of my WIPs and instead of sending it out to the slouch pile, I’ve been thinking about self-publishing. This is an older manuscript I took a break from to write another manuscript and now I’ve reworked it. I sent it to agents but got a lot of “this just isn’t for me” and “I like what you are trying to do here but I don’t think this is for me”…Grrr I haven’t sent it out to publishers yet though and I’m wondering if I should do this before I try to self-pub it.
What’s been going on in your world? Anything interesting you want to share.
 
 
Have a great day! Read a book and smile.

8 comments:

  1. Are you in a writers' group? If so, what do the members say about your manuscript(s)? I would be lost without my writers' group, or at least much less sure of what I'm doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catherine,

      I'm not but I've had two different CP's and many beta readers. But I do want to get in a writers group. I'm going to look into that. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Be sure to really research the pros and cons of self publishing. I did a really long post on it for Indie ReCon. Being Indie is fun, but it's not for everyone. Good luck with your decision!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessie,

      Yes, it is a big step. I haven't decided and I am weighing my options. I don't want to act too quickly on this. I'm going to have to check out your post on this.

      Delete
  3. Self-publish. You never know what can happen down the road.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totsy,

      Yes, you never know what will happen. I'm seriously considering it but I want to ensure I make the best decision. Plus I need to build my platform more.

      Delete
  4. You're right about the diapers. Kids are awesome but there's just not enough love in the world! :) This weekend, I'm drafting a new story and doing a read-through of a story that should be query-ready (unless I notice some gaping plot hole). Best of luck with your self-publishing research!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adrianne,

      Yes, diaper duty is no fun. But you should have fun doing your read through. Good luck with it. And thanks I'm taking it slow with my research..,or should I say my decision. I'll keep everyone posted.

      Delete

Please share your thoughts. We promise not to stone you for it.